Monday, May 21, 2012

Tiki Fence in a Flash!

This weekend we had to do some emergency fencing! You see our little Tasha has been very curious about the pit bull who lives next door. He would stand on the other side of our chain link fence and just stare into our yard. Totally creeped me out. I knew trouble was going to happen. On Sunday, Tasha got a little too close to our not so neighborly pup and he snapped at our baby girl. Scared the crap out of her and me too. I just couldn't get to her fast enough! Luckily, she is ok.
ugly chain link fence

My husband Brian immediately went to Lowe's to find what ever he could to put a quick barrier between our kids and that dog! He came home with a couple of rolls of Natural Reed fencing. Just roll it out and zip tie to the existing fence. We put it up in about an hour. Cost around $240.
reed fencing from Lowe's

I've been dreaming of doing a really cool mid century modern fence like those featured in one of my favorite vintage Sunset books,  How To Build Fences and Gates.
photo from How to Build Fences and Gates A Sunset book 1966

This reed fencing will do for the meantime. It was cheap and easy to put up. I think it kind of has that tiki look we like so much. Now we just need to dress it up with some tropical landscaping. Readers if you have any ideas, send 'em my way. I would love some landscaping tips and inspiration. email populuxe@populuxebooks.com
Now what to do with landscaping?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It really only lasts a year. I bought some last year and need desperately to take it down. We don't even have snow here!

Unknown said...

This is the simplest and the easiest way to make a fence around your garden or landscaping aria.


landscape gardening brisbane

citifacility said...

Your blog contain a vital and verity content and this is good source for designing , I like it very much and I want to my blog for my Timber decks brisbane site like that and I have book marked this blog to see your quality bloging .