Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Philip Johnson's Glass House Hurricane Sandy Damage

A few years ago for my birthday my husband took me to visit The Glass House by architect Philip Johnson. It was such a beautiful, serene experience. Its not just about touring the house, the land, forest, buildings and art galleries are just amazing. It was one of my favorite birthdays ever!

The Glass House property in New Canaan CT was damaged by hurricane Sandy.
Luckily,  The Glass House along with the other structures and sculptures all seem to be in tact but the gorgeous, pristine forest lost over 20 trees and there is a lot of debris.  The Art Galleries have several leaks.

Check out photos on The Glass House website to see the damage. The property is without power and they are still assessing the damage. If you would like to donate to The Glass House, you can do so on their website. I hope they are able to restore it so more people can visit and enjoy it as much as I did.

Best birthday ever!

1 comment:

Hoarder Rehab said...

That's such a cool house! It was sad to see the damage,but good to know you saw it in all it's glory. Nice birthday gift!